The first year in our attempt to adventure south was not what we expected. We found ourselves embroiled in personal health issues, boat operational issues and the complexity of us attempting to sail such a boat ourselves.
However, we did persist, solve our problems and undertake the adventure south from our marina on the Chesapeake Bay to Key West, then to the Bahamas and back. I was the adventure of a life time I will never regret taking. It was also not the adventure I imagined. Below are some lessons learned from our first year of planning and preparation. I hope you will find them helpful.
- Lesson Year 1: Marine Insurance
- Lessons Year 1: Buying decisions
- Lessons Year 1: Living Aboard
- Lessons Year 1: Outfitting
- Lessons Year 1: Personal health